Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to enable push mail for gmail in iphone 6 plus

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 7:37 PM

14 replies

Jan 31, 2015 3:32 PM in response to Tommacgr

Tommacgr wrote:

You can setup gmail account in iphone as exchange so the trick is simple and easy and push notification work after instantly . Just follow this steps http://email.about.com/od/iphonemailtips/ss/Set_Up_Push_Gmail_in_iPhone_Mail_Ste p_by_Step_Screenshots.htm

You can only set up a Gmail account as an Exchange account if you have a paid account. Google dropped Exchange support for free accounts two years ago. That link is just a bit outdated.

May 2, 2016 4:05 AM in response to parthi6plus

Push notifications are not available for gmail accounts on iphone. As an alternative I tried gmail app which does the job well as far getting the email notification as at is received but the problem with it is is that if your search your phone, it does not show results from gmail. So i tried Outlook email app from microsoft and it has solved the problem. So try outlook app, I think it is the best alternative to iphone mail app.

May 21, 2016 7:40 AM in response to iforiphone

Best u can do with the default mail app on iPhone is to fetch ur gMails every 15 minutes (not instant I know, but maybe sufficient if gMail isn't ur primary email acct..). If gMail is ur primary acct, then it makes sense to install the gMail app. Else, u could try automatic forwarding of ur gMails to a different acct such as hotmail or YahooMail (one that supports push and not simply fetch by schedule..), then setup push for that different acct. U'd get instant notifications of ur gMail without having to install another app? (aside from any latency introduced by the forwarding, from gMail server to hotmail/YahooMail server if that's how it works)

Kevin

[rocking an iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 9.0.2]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.