Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding new "Paragraph Styles"

Hi,

I am trying to modify different text styles in different cells in Numbers 3.5.2 (Yosemite) and I cannot figure out how add a new Paragraph Style to the existing drop-down styles list. Is there a duplicate existing style or add a new style option in this Numbers version? The "+" next to "Paragraph Styles" in the drop-down list does not work in Numbers but works in Pages or Keynote, is this a bug?

Thanks for the help!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Numbers 3.5.2 problem

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 8:32 PM

I found the answer and posting it in case others have the same issue.

A text inside the cell has to be selected for the "+" sign to be activated, just selecting an empty cell alone does not activate the "+" sign.

6 replies

Jun 27, 2015 7:36 AM in response to George Coghill

George Coghill wrote:

Although this is an idiotic solution by Apple

Why are you posting that here? We're fellow users. You can give your opinion to Apple via your menu, Numbers > Provide Numbers Feedback.

Not sure, though, that it is realistic to expect a spreadsheet to behave like a word processor or presentation app. It's mainly for crunching numbers, not composing text.

SG

Jun 27, 2015 10:13 AM in response to SGIII

Apple incorporated the styling features. If they only wanted the app to crunch numbers, why implement the styles? The styles are there, and the usability of the feature is implemented poorly. I'm not complaining about something the app doesn't do, I am complaining about how poorly it does something that is already in the app.

As a visual person, I use the styling to assist me in crunching numbers, so that these grids don't all give me "cell blindness". It helps me immensely to distinguish different cells from each other visually.

Why did I post that here? To point out how poorly it was implemented and express my frustration with the lack of documentation on how the Paragraph Styles feature works.

Adding new "Paragraph Styles"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.