Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 5K and iPhone charging problem

Hi,

I just got my new iMac 5K, and I noticed that when I connect an iPhone or iPad to the iMac, the charge keep going on and off constantly!! Anyone faces same problem here?

Saeid

iMac with Retina 5K display, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 7:35 PM

12 replies

Sep 17, 2015 10:56 AM in response to saeedku

I have this same problem, it's usually fine when my phone is charged over 50%. If my phone is under 50% it just keeps failing repeatedly. I've tried switching cords and usb ports, but the problem is consistent.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

iPhone 6 plus

The problem also happens on other devices (5, 5s, iPad3) when I connect them, with the same conditions generally being true.

Apr 29, 2016 4:39 AM in response to saeedku

I have the same problem; I went to Apple Store to check what is wrong with the iMac. After test, they said there is no problem with the iMac, but the lightning cable does, so they replaced the cable, and the problem solved.

I'm not convinced with the solution since all cables work fine when I use power adapter, or with Windows PC, but not my iMac. right now I have 2 cables (almost new) and not working at all.

iMac 5K and iPhone charging problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.