Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted iPhoto events reappearing when syncing with devices

Events deleted from Iphoto and all Photo Streams on devices reappearing in itunes when I sync my devices. Using iOS 8.1.3 and an Iphone 5S and Ipad 2.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, and Ipad 2

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 7:55 PM

5 replies

Jan 31, 2015 6:47 PM in response to léonie

Thanks for the advice Léonie, unfortunately it didn't work. I looked in the 'masters', 'previews' and 'thumbnails' folders first and the deleted pics weren't in there, then I deleted the whole ipod Photo Cache and emptied the trash. The Event in question (Nov 2014 Photo Stream) is still coming back when I open itunes to sync my devices. Also, when I open 'show package contents', a folder titled 'background import' was flashing and I couldn't click on it to see what was inside.

When I open iPhoto, the deleted event also shows up for a second, then disappears.

Any other suggestions?

Feb 1, 2015 1:08 PM in response to mich115

Either you need to repair your iPhoto Library, or iTunes is using a different iPhoto Library than you checked. Where i your current iPhoto Library stored? In your Pictures folder or on an external drive? Do you have a second iPhoto Library somewhere on your Mac or on an external drive? Maybe a connected backup drive?

If you have nowhere a second iPhoto Library, try the iPhoto Library First Aid Tools.

But, make a backup of your iPhoto Library, before you proceed.

Which version of iPhoto do you have? In iPhoto '11 do the following:

• To launch the "First Aid Tools" hold down the options-command keys ⌥⌘ while double clicking your iPhoto Library.
  • Keep the keys held down firmly until the First Aid panel appears.
  • Then select "Rebuild database" from the First Aid pane.

The may take a while for a large library. Run also the "Repair permissions" option.

Deleted iPhoto events reappearing when syncing with devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.