Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync photos

I recently lost my iPhone 5 and now have an iPhone 6. I have succesfully synced my new iphone 6 with iCloud so all my past messages, contacts, notes and apps are intact. The only thing that is not syncing are my photos. While syncing, I notice that within 'Photos' on my iPhone, it shows that it is syncing and it detects all my photos and shows the date and time and place of each photo. It syncs for several hours and then the number of photos counts down from 800+ photos and goes down to 0 and eventually nothing appears in my 'Photos' folder on my iPhone.

All my holidays pictures are on my lost iPhone 5 and I really really need to get these pictures back. HELP! I don't know what to do!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 12:04 AM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2015 2:58 AM in response to Missy.K

Did your iPhone 5s also use iOS 8?

What have been the settings for "Photos&Camera" on the lost iPhone? And which setting are you having now?

Did you have My Photo Stream enabled?

Did you have iCloud Photo Library Beta enabled?

Did you sync with a computer? Do you have a backup of your lost iPhone?

• If you used My Photo Stream on your iPhone 5s , iCloud will have stored the last month of photos, and you should be able to download them, with My Photo Stream enabled.
  • If you used iCloud Photo Library (Beta) on your iPhone 5s, all photos will be on iCloud Photo Library (Beta) and should be showing on your iPhone 6, if you enable the iPhone.

Feb 4, 2015 5:17 AM in response to léonie

I'm not sure which IOS I was using on my iPhone 5.

I had My Photo Stream on my iPhone5 but did not have iCloud Photo Library Beta enabled on my iPhone 5. I don't think it had that option (probably an earlier IOS).

Currently on my iPhone 6, I have My Photo Stream enabled but not iCloud Photo Library Beta.

I synced my iPhone 6 via iTunes to iCloud. I then chose a backup dated the morning I lost my iPhone 5. All apps and contacted synced successfully. Photos were syncing for about 4 hours per the attached screenshot but then eventually stopped syncing and showed 0 photos in Photos. Not sure what to do. 😟

User uploaded file

Feb 4, 2015 10:25 AM in response to Missy.K

The backup you restored from, was it an iTunes backup or an iCloud backup? An iTunes backup will include all photos on the device, whereas an iCloud backup will not include the photos, that are already icloud.

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes - Apple Support

iCloud: Backup and restore overview

Try to restore from an iTunes backup of your old phone and not an icloud backup.

Can't sync photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.