Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I could no longer find hotspot menu for sharing my cellular data on IOS 8.1.3. Please help!

i have just upgraded to IOS 8.1.3 from IOS 7.1.2 , and I could no longer find my hotspot menu for sharing my cellular data with my other devices.

what should I do?

iPhone 3G, iOS 6, 64GB

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 12:12 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 12:10 PM in response to rotimifelix

Hello rotimifelix,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

If Personal Hotspot doesn't seem to be enabled on your iPhone after updating to iOS 8, check for the option in both of these locations in Settings:

Turn Personal Hotspot off and on: Tap Settings > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Cellular > Personal Hotspot.

If the menu option can't be found, you may want to contact your carrier to ensure your account is set up correctly:

Verify that your carrier supports Personal Hotspot for your device and that you have Personal Hotspot enabled on your cellular plan:

iPhone: View a list of carriers that support Personal Hotspot on the iPhone.

If the issue continues, try these troubleshooting steps next:

1. Reset your network settings: Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
  2. If you still see the issue, restore the iPhone.

You can find the information and steps above, as well as more troubleshooting advice, in these support articles:

iOS: System requirements for Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

I could no longer find hotspot menu for sharing my cellular data on IOS 8.1.3. Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.