Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re: I can't turn my wifi on.. when i go to the settings and open Wi-Fi, i'm unable to slide the switch. What should i do?

Re: I can't turn my wifi on.. when i go to the settings and open Wi-Fi, i'm unable to slide the switch. What should i do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 11:11 PM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2015 6:11 AM in response to Tommacgr

Tommacgr wrote:

Please describe if your wifi its looking dark grey . If its looking dark grey and you don't have option to turn it off i am sorry but this is very common problem on many iphone 4s . The problem is on wifi chip and you need for sure hardware repair or replace the device if its under warranty .

Not necessarily. While it maybe a hardware issue, until certain steps have been taken, that cannot be asserted as fact.

OP, if your wi-fi is greyed out, please use this article: iOS: Wi-Fi settings grayed out or dim - Apple Support

If that fails to resolve, then try this: How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups - Apple Support

Make sure to follow those steps precisely, including the part about backing up first. You'll have to backup to iTunes on your computer, obviously.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.