Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not recognizing my iPod?

So, iTunes is not recognizing my iPod and I don't know what to do. I had just plugged in my iPod and I got a sudden mewssege to update iTunes and I did. but in the middle I decided to disconnect my iPod (it wasn't even synching). Then I plugged it back in after the iTunes update was complete and
I kept getting a messege telling me that iTunes was not recognizing my iPod and was then told to unistall it. I disconnected my iPod and then uninstalled, and then re-installed, but the same thing kept happening. Thoughts?

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 2:39 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 2:08 PM in response to Alice-17

Hey There Alice-17,

The resource below will provide some steps to try if your iPod isn't being recognized in iTunes for Windows. You may need to uninstall more than just iTunes to resolve the issue. The article is pretty comprehensive, so review the sections that apply to your Windows operating system and iPod model.

iPod: Appears in Windows but not in iTunes - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS1363

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

iTunes not recognizing my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.