Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple ID confirmations

apple ID confirmations are sent to the original email address i had when I set it up. I no longer want to use this email address. Have updated my new email address in the manage section but confirmations still go to the old original address

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 5:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 2:40 PM in response to mannydshaw.ca

Hi mannydshaw.ca,

I'm wondering if the rescue or notification email address needs to be changed as well. Take a look at this article:

Primary email address

Every Apple ID account has one primary email address, and that address is your Apple ID. When you create an Apple ID, you enter the primary address to use as your Apple ID.

Your primary address is also the contact email address for your account. Check it regularly, because it receives email that you need to manage your account. For example, before you can use a new or changed Apple ID, you need to verify it as directed in a verification email that Apple sends to that address. Didn't receive the email?

Rescue email address

A rescue address helps secure your Apple ID account against unauthorized access by someone who gains control of your primary address. If you have a rescue address, it receives all security-related Apple ID email instead of your primary address, including the email needed to reset your password or security questions.

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
  2. Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
  3. Select “Password and Security” on the left side of the page. You may be asked to answer one or more security questions before continuing. Forgot the answers?
  4. If you see a list of three security questions, your account has the option to use a rescue address.
    • Accounts that have fewer than three questions don't have and don't need a rescue address.
    • Accounts that use two-step verification don't have and don't need a rescue address or security questions.
  5. Add a rescue address:
    • Select Add Email Address, then enter your rescue address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
    • Follow the instructions in the email to verify the address. If you don't verify the address, security-related email continues to go to your primary address.
  6. Edit a rescue address:
    • Select Edit next to the address, then enter the new address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
    • Follow the instructions in the email to verify the address. If you don't verify the address, security-related email continues to go to your primary address.
  7. Delete a rescue address: Select Delete next to the address.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

apple ID confirmations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.