Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Stream Beta and iPhone Backup

I have to reset my iPhone because I uninstalled some apps and these left in the phone some files that "drain my iPhone's battery life", that's what a Genius said.

Of course, if i reset the iPhone I cannot restore the backup on it because I would only copy the same battery-draining data in it.

My question is: if i reset the phone and start using it WITHOUT restoring the backup, the photos I've updated on iCloud Photo Stream will STILL be available? I know that if i erase them from the device they automatically get erased in the Cloud, too...

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 5:59 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Aldrik24

Hello Aldrik24,

My Photo Stream only stores the last 30 days of photos.

Does using My Photo Stream substitute for using iCloud Backup or iTunes to back up my photos?

No. Photos in My Photo Stream are saved on the iCloud server for 30 days. To save or back up these photos, you must save them from My Photo Stream to your iOS device. Select the photos and choose Share > Save Image. You can then back up your photos using iCloud or iTunes.

My Photo Stream FAQ
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201317

All my best,

Allen

iCloud Photo Stream Beta and iPhone Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.