Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time i enter my appleID in my MacBook Pro it says-"Your apple ID has not yet been used with the app Store" what should i do?

Every time i enter my appleID in my MacBook Pro it says-"Your apple ID has not yet been used with the app Store" what should i do? i have even verified my appleID account..please help

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 2:47 PM

Hey there Mark,

If this is indeed the first time that you have used your Apple ID in the iTunes or App store you do need to have a payment method the first time you set it up:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method

If you've already created your Apple ID, you'll need to add a payment method when you first use it to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. But you can optionally remove the payment methodafter you sign in to the store. You won't be asked for a payment method again until you make your first purchase.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2015 2:47 PM in response to Markfrompune

Hey there Mark,

If this is indeed the first time that you have used your Apple ID in the iTunes or App store you do need to have a payment method the first time you set it up:

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method

If you've already created your Apple ID, you'll need to add a payment method when you first use it to sign in to the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. But you can optionally remove the payment methodafter you sign in to the store. You won't be asked for a payment method again until you make your first purchase.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Oct 28, 2015 10:20 AM in response to sterling r

Same issue here, except when I click on "review", it keeps sending me to a blank page that says "http/1.1 Service Unavailable".

On the very rare occasion that I can get to the credit card page, I enter my information, and it keeps saying "Temporarily Unavailable".

Have not been able to log in to the App Store since I got my Mac in July...

Any idea how I can log in to App Store and update/download stuff? :/

Every time i enter my appleID in my MacBook Pro it says-"Your apple ID has not yet been used with the app Store" what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.