Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If can't back up using iTunes for Window.

I can't back up my iPhone 5 using iTunes for Windows 7 desktop. And, the error box showed that iTunes could not back up the iPhone, "because a session could not be started with the iPhone."

So, my problem is how can I fix this issue? Anyone who have an idea, please let me know.

Thank you

Warmest Regards,

Neoh

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 6:53 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 2:49 PM in response to NeohSC

Hello NeohSC,

The article below will explain what to do if you are unable to create a backup of your iPhone using iTunes for Windows. I would suggest creating an iCloud backup so that you have one, and then trying these steps.

iCloud: Back up your iOS device to iCloud
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12520

Cloud automatically backs up your iOS device information daily over Wi-Fi when your device is turned on, locked, and connected to a power source.

Back up automatically

On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then turn on iCloud Backup.

On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then turn on iCloud Backup.

Back up manually

On your iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

On your iOS 7 device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then tap Back Up Now.

For information about messages that may appear while backing up, see the Apple Support article Get help creating an iCloud backup.

Important: If you don’t back up your iOS device to iCloud for 180 days or more, Apple reserves the right to delete your device’s iCloud backups. For information, see iCloud Terms and Conditions.

If you can't back up or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203271

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

If can't back up using iTunes for Window.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.