Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using facetime

hello,

I have iphone4 ios 6.1.3.

when I am using face time then its not work.

when I am calling my friend using face time then error is your friend is not available on face time. but he is on face time. and he can call using face time another man who using face time . and its work

please tell me how can I solve this problem I tired again again

I am using netgear modem and gtpl internet connection foe face time call.

please tell me how can I fix it?????

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 9:15 AM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Pratik R. Bhatt

Hello Pratik R. Bhatt,

The resource below provides some steps to try if you are not able to make FaceTime calls.

If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS3367

If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls

This article outlines the basic troubleshooting steps to resolve FaceTime usage issues.

If you encounter issues making or receiving FaceTime calls, follow these steps:

1. Update both devices (your device and your friend's device) to the latest version of iOS.
    If you started to have issues making or receiving FaceTime calls after April 16, 2014, you or your friend may have an expired device certificate. Updating both devices will resolve this issue.
  2. Verify that FaceTime is enabled in Settings > FaceTime.
    • If the issue persists or if you see the message "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again. Learn what to do if you can't activate FaceTime.
    • If you don't see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren't disabled in Settings > General > Restrictions.
  3. Verify that the date and time are set correctly: Tap Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
  4. Verify that both parties have an active Internet connection and are connected to a Wi-Fi network or a cellular data connection.
  5. Verify push functionality using Mail or other applications that use this feature. FaceTime uses push notifications to send and receive invitations.
  6. Make sure that you have the correct phone number or email address.
  7. Restart your device.
  8. If using FaceTime over a Wi-Fi network, go to the steps to resolve Wi-Fi network issues.

Find a missing FaceTime app

If you can't use FaceTime or find the FaceTime app, follow these steps. FaceTime might not be available, or might become unavailable, on devices purchased or used in certain countries, including Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and the United Arab Emirates. Check your device's region of purchase for more information.

1. In Settings > General > Restrictions, make sure FaceTime and Camera are on. Disabling Camera also disables FaceTime.
  2. Update to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restore your device:
    1. Back up your device to iCloud or iTunes.
    2. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
      This will erase all user data from your device.
    3. When complete, set up your device by selecting your region and language, then restore your data using the iCloud or iTunes backup.
      When you set up and restore a backup from iTunes, make sure that your computer's language, country, date, and time are set correctly.
    4. If you still can't find the FaceTime app, see if you can go to Settings > FaceTime. If Settings > FaceTime is present, try using the Spotlight Search to find the FaceTime app.

More information about using FaceTime and resolving issues

Learn how to use FaceTime. FaceTime over cellular data isn't available with iPhone 4 or iPad 2. FaceTime audio calling isn't available with iPod touch (4th generation).

Learn how to resolve issues with FaceTime for Mac.

Wi-Fi network issues

FaceTime and voice calls

• When you switch from a voice call to a FaceTime call, the voice call ends. You can't switch from a FaceTime call to a voice call.
  • FaceTime doesn't support call forwarding. If you forward your phone number to another phone, iPhone will continue to receive FaceTime calls.

FaceTime and audio calls

• When you switch from an audio FaceTime call to a video FaceTime call, the audio FaceTime call ends. You can't switch from a FaceTime video call to a FaceTime audio call.
  • FaceTime doesn't support call forwarding. If you forward your phone number to another phone, iPhone will continue to receive FaceTime calls.
  • FaceTime audio calling might not be available with devices purchased or used in China.

FaceTime over Cellular

Last Modified:

Cheers,

Judy

using facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.