Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus won't sync photos

I opened iTunes and plugged in my iPhone 6 plus and it started syncing. There was an update to 8.1.3 so I said "ok". It finished and I came back to the computer to notice that it was syncing about 80k photos! It didn't appear to be syncing them into my phone. It just said that it was syncing every photo that I have on my iMac. Then I tried to manage the sync as i always did in iPhoto...my phone wasn't listed.

Nothing downloaded FROM my phone TO my iMac. Why?

What am I doing wrong?

This is the way I have always done this - so is it due to the new 8.1.3 update?

Is there a new way to manage photos outside of iPhoto? If so, how can I get my phone photos into iPhoto on my computer?

(Side note- I don't use iCloud because I max out the free storage. I don't want to pay for one more cloud storage system since I have many already.)

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 1:33 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 11:16 AM in response to Tanja Turtsanyi

I found a similar complaint on these forums from 2014, so following the advice there I unchecked the box in iTunes under "Options" that said "Automatically sync when this iphone is connected", pressed Apply, unplugged the phone and plugged it back in, and it worked. No idea why. I bought the iphone for its excellent compatibility with hearing aids, which is indeed fantastic, but the price is very high in lots of ways because the software is so utterly, totally ****.

iPhone 6 Plus won't sync photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.