Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not charging

My iPhone is not charging. I tried restarting it, using a wall outlet, using the computer, but it still won't charge. This is not a new accessory, I've used it to charge my phone before.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, 8GB

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 12:49 PM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Figster512

Hello Figster512,

If I understand correctly your USB cable doesn't seem to charge your phone whether you are connected to a computer or the wall charger. I would use these troubleshooting steps from this article here, named:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, reset your device.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

iPhone is not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.