Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just updated my macbook and can't open iphoto. I have installed the updater but it still doesn't open

I have recently updated to a Macbook Pro. I can't open iphoto. I have photos on my hard drive that I tried to import. When I try to open Iphoto is comes up saying I need to prepare this version of iphoto with an upgrader. I have installed it many times but it still goes back to the original window telling me I need to upgrade. And it goes on. How do I open Iphoto with the upgrader?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 3:20 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2015 3:33 PM in response to rawelizabeth

When I try to open Iphoto is comes up saying I need to prepare this version of iphoto with an upgrader. I have installed it many times but it still goes back to the original window telling me I need to upgrade

But did you run the iPhoto Library Upgrader after you installed it? The installer will install the iPhoto Library Upgrader in the folder Utilities in the Applications folder. Launch the upgrader and select your iPhoto library. After it finishes, try to run iPhoto again. (See: iPhoto '11: About the Library Upgrader)

Be sure to make a backup copy of your iPhoto library, before you try to open and to upgrade it. That is safer, because in some rare cases the upgrade can corrupt the library.

I have just updated my macbook and can't open iphoto. I have installed the updater but it still doesn't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.