Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to transfer ALL images and music to new iphone

Hi guys,

I'm getting the iphone 6 in a week or so and I basically want everything that I have currently on my iphone 4 (e.g. apps, images, music, contacts, videos, you name it) to be on my iphone 6 COMPLETELY uncompromised. I value my 3,500 images on Camera Roll and 600 songs in the Music app so much and would want these all to be in their same state when I do get my new iphone. I do not have these images or music downloads anywhere else apart from my iphone i.e they are not on my computer anymore as it stupidly got lost. I have like many different albums and videos that I know can't be stored on icloud (right?) like My Photo Stream images can (I only have 200 in this rather unreliable folder) but like everyone, this is not my main album.

I think I know how to transfer the likes of apps, contacts and notes, but how do I go about conserving my 3k+ images, my videos (including home videos) and my 600 songs on the Music app that I only have on my iphone 4 to my new iphone 6???

Thank you so much,

Maita

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 5:15 PM

2 replies

Mar 29, 2015 2:37 AM in response to Itsjustmaii

I Backed up with icloud and it was fairly easy. All my photos and purchased (only) music transferred.

I payed for an online software/ service called "wondershare" which really helped me transfer all my old non-purchased music onto my computer (which I then saved on a memory stick for safekeeping at last!) then onto my New iphone 6. This also worked for my alblums which didn't transfer when I backed up and my home videos. It was about £30 but it's totally worth it although it is only for 1pc and works way easier than iTunes. it's seriously has a user-friendly interface and eveything is straight forward. But everything else e.g. Notes, contacts, apps, camera roll/ photo stream, reminders, calendar, you name it, was done with the icloud backup.

How to transfer ALL images and music to new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.