Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bounce not sending back e-mail

OSX 10.6.8 mail not sending "bounced" e-mails back?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 7:24 PM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2015 8:38 PM in response to miquolyn

Bounce is a nice optional feature that many people appreciate having. In our organization we do our email using Snow Leopard (10.6.8) so that we can keep the bounce feature.

It is useful to deal with the problem of being added to somebody's mailing list who has 'repied to all' on some viral joke or the like.

I don't use it for canned spam. We use it on people one-on-one. Get tired of someone? bounce the mail. Tonight a guy I know kept sending me more and more information about the impending hurricane that's coming. I live way inland and don't really care. Finally on the 5th one I bounced it Yes, some people know that it's bounced mail, but most don't.

There are times when it does just what I want, such as a person I know sending me useless emails. I bounce them back and they assume my email address has changed. Never hear from them again. Used selectively it is extremely useful.

Sep 30, 2015 8:47 PM in response to Ziatron

So you are just going to post this in every ancient thread about Bounce being removed? I would have thought that a Level 4 would have better things to do than troll and revive years old threads. Learn to read the El Capitan release notes. Did it mention the return of the bounce feature?

You know where to send feedback.

Please stop wasting our time.

Pete

bounce not sending back e-mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.