Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad won't charge when in screen saver mode

Problems charging.....

I have problems when I plug into wall outlet or USB. Ipad will charge one minute then stop the next.

If it goes to screen saver mode and I press the home button, it stops charging. (I have turned screen saver mode off now, turned brightness down low and put into airplane mode) but still taking a long time. It charges very, very slowly.

It has been plugged into wall outlet over night and has gone from 18% to 40%.

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated

iPad

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 7:24 PM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2015 10:09 AM in response to mrgmcpherson

Greetings mrgmcpherson,

It seems you are experiencing intermittent charging issues with your iPad. I have linked to an article that may help you resolve this:

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, reset your device.

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

ipad won't charge when in screen saver mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.