Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

White triangles appear in Favorites page

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with Safari's favorites page: when the bookmarks bar is open, white triangles appear on the page. Furthermore, when a webpage is open, one appears at the bottom of the bookmarks bar (beside the Edit button). They tend to move around arbitrarily, and it is difficult to get a screenshot as they have a habit of hiding. I did manage to grab one, however. Any ideas what this is or how to fix it?

I'm running 10.10.1 on a mid-2010 MBP, 2.66GHz, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M 512MB.

Thanks!

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 31, 2015 6:04 PM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2015 6:12 PM in response to Lithium3fun

Might be a cookies, cache, extensions, or plug-ins issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, from the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

White triangles appear in Favorites page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.