Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay don't work with new iTunes 12.1.0.71 !

Hello,

I just install the update 12.1.0.71 for my iTunes on Win 7 x64 and now i can't listen music with Airplay !!!!

I have not pb to listen in Airplay with my iPhone, just with Windows and the new iTunes.

Who have an idea to solve my problem ?

Thanks

Fred

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 3:49 AM

I delete all (iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Device, Apple Software Update, etc...) and I restore previous ITunes 12.0.1.26 and ALL IT WORK !!!!! 🙂 🙂

Now I don't want to re-install 12.1.0.71. 😟

10 replies

Feb 5, 2015 3:34 AM in response to lyndazoe2014

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you are running 64-bit Windows and the above steps haven't helped try installing the version of iTunes that can be downloaded from this support document: iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards). This is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application, the same as all previous 64-bit releases of iTunes, which may well work better with third party tools expecting to see the 32-bit iTunes executable.

tt2

Feb 7, 2015 2:36 AM in response to turingtest2

The main problem is 12.1.0.71 was not properly tested.

It also failed to show home sharing on any of my Apple TV's, iPad or iPhone.

Hence, I've also uninstalled all and restored back to 12.0.1.26 and all 'magically' works again. Nothing else had changed on my PC other than the upgrade which means it doesn't work.

Airplay don't work with new iTunes 12.1.0.71 !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.