Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 safari crashing, phone constantly freezing, & battery drain

i updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.1.3 last night and I literally can't even use safari. Every time I open safari it crashes and closes. If by some miracle it does open, it closes after a few minutes. Everything keeps freezing too. Like if I can manage to get safari open for a minute, if I try to type in the address bar, it will just freese up and then safari will crash and close. Also my battery is draining significantly fast now. What the **** apple?! I can't even restore my phone because I'm traveling in Canada and if I restore it it will not be able to activate through my cellular carrier since my carriee doesn't exist in Canada (I'm roaming). is anyone having these issues and/or have a fix for them? My phone is literally not useable.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, 64gb

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 5:57 AM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2015 5:00 AM in response to christinamariehollis

WOW I was starting to think it was just me, I'll literally open Spotligh, search for an app, then click on the app to open it & my 6+ crashes. Doesn't matter which app, it just crashes! This happens at least 30 times a day since the 8.1.3 & apple has stopped signing 8.1.2 so I can't downgrade!!!! Extremely frustrating & sadly one of the reasons I've stayed with apple all these years is because of it's reliability & almost non-existent freezes or crashes!! Just something that’s been on my mind. Tumblr has this specific way of handling communities. These are just the ones that come by on my dash, I’m sure there are plenty more examples.

Feb 27, 2015 6:00 PM in response to christinamariehollis

Interesting, to hear that it happens on the iPhone 6 too.

I was just about to go out and buy 2 iPhone 6 assuming this was related to my iPhone 5S devices only.

Both my iPhones 5S (my wife's and mine) were upgraded to 8.1.13 earlier this month and it's been a nightmare since.

After 2 weeks, apps seem sluggish, or crash (close), the phone freezes and loading apps seem to take much longer .... it's painful to use the device.

I have tried cold boot, clearing memory just short of restore. am not convinced iOS 8.1.3 was really about stability.

iOS 8.1.3 safari crashing, phone constantly freezing, & battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.