Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats Studio Wireless cushion bands

Hi! I recently bought the Beats Studio Wireless 2.0 from the apple store, and the cushion started ripping off the ear pads. I use them carefully, never store them without the case, and i don't have any earings whatsoever that could possibly rip of the tissue. This shouldn't be normal on a pair of headphone that cost nearly 400€. I want to know if the warrantee normally covers that damage, if anyone could help.
Thank you in advance 🙂

PS: I didn't know what category to choose so i just posted here, sorry.

Beats Headphones-OTHER, Studio Wireless 2.0

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 10:52 AM

10 replies

Jan 11, 2017 5:54 AM in response to jooaccio

I have had the exact same problem. I even went as far as purchasing a new pair. Unbelievably, these expensive headphone are built very poorly. The cups literally just stick on with 3m adhesive. Also, try to be careful as they are very sensitive with snapping around the hinge area just above the "studio" decal on the sides of the headphones. This is actually where the headband portion of the headphones are connected to unify the arms of the speakers. It is made of all plastic and it has snapped on me twice after very careful and normal procedure with putting on these headphones. I had to replace the headband once beforehand after waiting months to get all the parts in I ordered. it snapped again I gave up . Very cheap product.

Oct 20, 2017 7:26 PM in response to jooaccio

Recently, I had an unpleasant Apple customer Service experience with the beats headphones Issue. I bought beats headphones back in early 2015 from Target and didn’t keep the receipt. Come early 2017, I noticed that the padding has started to open up suddenly. I keep good care of my headphones, they are either on my head or in the cover so I contacted Apple to see what they can do. I was told that the headphones are out of the 1 year warranty period and it would cost me $199 to get those serviced or I could buy the third party padding off of Amazon. I was not very comfortable with putting a third party part on my almost $400 headphones so my case was transferred to a senior Advisor who basically iterated the same information. The representative further told me that he checked their system against my headphones serial number and it shows up as the 'display model'. I told him that I was sold these headphones just like regular headphones and were in a sealed box - I also purchased these from an Apple authorized reseller and I had no way of knowing that these were display model (doesn’t say anything on the box). I was also asked to contact my bank and/or Target to provide a proof of purchase. (Used a Target debit card to buy these and Target doesn’t keep record of that and Bank didn’t have statements this back free of cost). He agreed to accept the pictures of my headphones after I sent him the link to this post.

After review of the photos from their engineering department, I contacted the customer service again and was connected to a new Senior advisor. I was told that the only option I have to pay $199 to get the headphones serviced. Long story short, this whole process took almost two months with several emails/chat sessions without any resolution in the end. The customer service wasted a lot of my time pretending that they will figure out a way to resolve this rather I was sent to one person to another.

I cannot bring myself to buy third party padding and still wear ripped headphones. My advice would be to not buy Beats (over-priced for the quality) since Apple doesn’t seem to own Beats issues.

Feb 1, 2015 11:14 AM in response to jooaccio

At the bottom of this page you can find a link for Apple Retail Store. Click on it, find your store, Click on Genius Bar. I don't think there is a Beats category yet so just click on iPhone, whatever and make your appointment. Then take your headphones at your time, check in with the person confirming appointments and they will take care of you.

Mar 1, 2016 9:45 AM in response to jooaccio

Did you ever get this resolved? I setup an appointment through the Genius Bar and the Apple Store employee told me that even though the headphones were bought within the year, that the tear in the ear pads is considered "physical damage" and isn't covered under the warranty... which I thought was ridiculous. $300+ headphones should not be ripping within the first year of purchase.

Apr 25, 2016 11:23 AM in response to Justin199246

Total BS. My earcups ripped within a month or two. Apple told me because they had just acquired Beats, that I'd have to send them in for replacement. Bought some 3rd party earcups which also ripped, but lasted months longer than the stock ones.

And anyone know where apple has replacement cups for sale for out of warranty headphones, or are we just supposed to throw them away when the cups rip?

I have a pair of Bose noise cancelling headphones I've had over 20 years and just finally replaced the ear cups. If they were wireless - I'd throw my Beats in the trash. They never came close in sound or performance. Next wireless will definitely be Bose.

Beats Studio Wireless cushion bands

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.