Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Before 10.10.2 , I used to be able to use Shift Command Control 4 to save an image on my screen into my Copy Image Buffer, then use Command V to paste it into Gmail Compose. Has this behavior changed in 10.10.2?

This behavior made communication much faster when images were involved. I hope they didn't remove this functionality.

Has this functionality been removed?

<Edited By Host>

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), null

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 1:32 PM

8 replies

Feb 1, 2015 1:42 PM in response to Kappy

Thanks for your answer, but that is a completely different feature of OS X.

Yes, you can press Shift + Command + 4, it saves the image on your desktop.

Before I upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.2, Shift+Command+ CONTROL (note I capitalized it for emphasis) + 4 saved the image I choose with the crosshairs you mentioned in MY COPY BUFFER, NOT ON MY DESKTOP, at which point I could just paste it in a gmail compose window, or anywhere that accepts a Paste command coming from OS X.

So this doesn't work anymore. My question is why they removed that functionality.

Try it on your computer. Hold down those keys I mentioned, choose an image with your crosshairs, open up a gmail compose window, and paste that image right in there by simply holding down Command+V. . You don't have to go to your destop or anything. It doesn't save that image anywhere.

Do you see what I'm referring to, now?

Feb 8, 2015 7:17 PM in response to Camelot

To add to the question (or do I write a new question) command control shift 4 USED TO paste as a jpg from my clipboard. Now it pastes as a tiff. I changed the terminal code to make command shift 4 paste as a jpg onto my desktop. Is there something I need to change to get the other from my clipboard to paste as a jpg? thanks!

Before 10.10.2 , I used to be able to use Shift Command Control 4 to save an image on my screen into my Copy Image Buffer, then use Command V to paste it into Gmail Compose. Has this behavior changed in 10.10.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.