Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro - "Invalid Password" problem with home Wifi

Hi folks,

As of 5 days ago...my MBP refuses to connect to my wifi at home. It constantly returns a "invalid password" response.

It has been connecting to this same wifi network for years, and nothing has been updated or changed on the network settings.

My iPhone and non-Mac computer can connect without trouble.

The MBP can connect to OTHER wifi networks, no problem.

As per here: Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

I deleted all existing networks and re-started, but issue remains. This wifi uses a WPA2 password.

Something must be corrupted / broken on my MBP...but I can't seem to "start from scratch" to get my wifi working again. Extremely furstrating. Liek I said, my other devices can connect wirelessly without issues.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 7:15 PM

5 replies

Mar 4, 2015 4:02 PM in response to David Hunt4

I've just started to have this issue on a MacBook Pro Retina, all other devices connects flawlessly but the MacBook still shows the "Invalid Password" message, my router is an Apple Airport Extreme AC and I have another Aiport Expreme b/g/n and an Airport Express expanding the network, everything is running fine and this is the first time that I have this issue.

Additional Information: After a lot of configuration checks without any success I restarted the Airport Extreme AC router and this seems to have solved the issue, very strange but it may be related with the AC radio of the Airport Extreme, my MB Pro is the only AC device that I have here.

Macbook Pro - "Invalid Password" problem with home Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.