Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black and White Pixelated Lines Randomly Appearing on Webpage?

It doesn't matter the site, and it never has happened before. I'll just be listening to pandora, or researching for my classes and these black and white streaks appear usually in the upper portion of the webpage. I've tried refreshing and closing the program, and it usually only happens to one webpage at a time. I'm currently using Version 8.0.3 of Safari. For pandora it doesn't mess with the sound or links, it does cover up the existing page however, mostly an aesthetic thing but I'm concerned it might be more.

Any thoughts of how to fix this?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 8:01 PM

1 reply

Feb 1, 2015 8:13 PM in response to MgnShrout

Might be a cache, extensions, or plug-ins issue.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, from the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Black and White Pixelated Lines Randomly Appearing on Webpage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.