Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find iPhone App

While using the find my iPhone app, I can find my boyfriends phone but using mine or his phone we can never locate my phone. In fact, it's not even an option to find my phone. What can I do to fix it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 11:34 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2015 8:56 AM in response to Pulju

Hi Pulju,

If your device is not appearing within Find My iPhone, then I'd like you to please follow the steps in the article linked to below.

Device does not appear in Find My iPhone

This can occur if:

• The date on your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) is incorrect. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.
  • Your device is not up-to-date. It needs to be running iOS 5 or later.
  • Your iCloud account is not configured on your device. Choose Settings > iCloud and enter your iCloud account information.
  • You have multiple iCloud accounts entered on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Only one account can have Find My iPhone turned on at a given time. Log in to Find My iPhone with your other iCloud accounts until your device is listed.
  • There's a scheduled maintenance or another issue affecting Find My iPhone. Check the System Status site to see if this is the case.
  • Your device has lost network connectivity. If you have access to your device, and it appears to have an active Internet connection, enable and then disable Airplane mode. If you continue to have issues, turn the device off and back on.
  • Find My Mac can only locate your Mac if it is connected to the Internet via a known Wi-Fi network. If your Mac is connected to the Internet only by an Ethernet cable, Find My Mac will not be able to locate your Mac.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

Find iPhone App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.