Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I followed the process to remove my device from iCloud, but it's still giving me the activation screen.

Hi, I was having issues with my daughter's iPad and decided to restore the iPad to factory settings. I'm pretty sure I followed the process correctly and then got the activation screen (data is erased). I removed the iPad from my devices on iCloud. But I still can't get the iPad to get past the activation screen. It won't accept my iCloud account but that's the one I use. So not sure what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

iPad Mini

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 11:48 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2015 8:56 AM in response to jshin2002

Hi jshin2002,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPad. If the iPad in question has been removed from the associated iCloud account, it shouldn't prompt you for the Apple ID and password for Activation Lock. You may want to double-check the removal process, as outlined in the following article:

1. Sign in to their iCloud account at www.icloud.com/find.
  2. Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word “Offline” next to the device name.
  3. Click "Remove from Account" to remove the device from their account.

After the device is removed from the previous owner’s account, turn the device off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button located on the top-right side of the device. Then restart your device and proceed with device setup as you would normally.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Hi, I followed the process to remove my device from iCloud, but it's still giving me the activation screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.