Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete a person permanantly from group message

Hi. My daughter inadvertently added a person to a group message. She is the only one who knows her. She deleted her almost straight away when she realised the error. The girl is really annoyed as she has no interest in the group chat messages which keep coming through. She asks to be deleted. Although she doesn't appear on the distribution list, she keeps getting the messages. My daughter is upset as she has now lost a friend. They are only 10 years old. Why can't she be permanently deleted?

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 3:22 AM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2015 12:25 PM in response to lyndseyfromwaterlooville

Hi,

This question is posted in the iChat Community.

iChat (1 through 6) start in the version before Jaguar (OS X 10.1) and through to OS x 10.6 (Lion) and about 10 years.

It can join or use AIM based accounts or Jabber ones like Google and Facebook chat and in iChat 6 Yahoo.

All these services say you have to be 13 years old.

In those types of group chat you can delete someone (or they can leave and the chat will continue).

However if you mean you are using Messages (Mountain Lion onwards) then you have to end the Group chat and start a new one.

There isn't a way really of removing someone who wants to leave or should not have been added.

The differences here are that the iMessages account was added to the iChat App which then amounted to the name change.

The Messages app on the iOS devices worked differently to iChat in several areas and this is one of them.

User uploaded file

8:25 pm Monday; February 2, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

How to delete a person permanantly from group message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.