Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with raid set on xserve

Hi to all!

I hope you can help me with a big problem that I have with a Xserve of the work.

Yesterday afternoon I come to the work and my partners mentioned to me that the web pages were not going. I tried to connect with ARD but he was not answering. I had to move to the building where the server is racked and when I connected a monitor a it was showing me a folder icon with an interrogation icon.

Since this had happened to me in my Mac of the office once, I initiated from the installation DVD to see if I could repair permissions and/or the discs with the Disk Utility. For my surprise (and terror) does not show any volume or disk except the DVD.

I got into the RAID Utility in the menu and there I could see the discs but the RAID Sets does not appear... We had mounted since we install the machine a raid 5 with 3 discs and 2 volumes on this raid set.

Then, from the Terminal, doing "diskutil list" it's show no volume on any disk.

I suppose that something has happened with the volumes and the raid cannot be mounted...

Is there any way to mount the volumes again? Something similar to the "fixmbr" that I believe that there are in others OS to restore the volumes tables...

Is there any way to mount again the RAID without losing the information from the discs?

Do you know that can be happening?

PS: It is a Xserve of the last ones, with Mac OS X 10.6.8. I have already tried to reset the PRAM and it keeps on doing the same.

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 5:14 AM

There are no replies.

problem with raid set on xserve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.