Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac G5 Display and Power issues!

So i have asked many many questions now but none of em really helped. they made everything even worse. my mac wasn't booting up so i switched the ram around correctly and now it works. well not exactly how it should be. the display gets no signal. some power for the button backlights is arriving to it via the adc port on my graphics card. when it boots up everything is normal i hear the fans the chime n stuff but it just won't show anything on the display. the mouse and keyboard were getting some power from the monitor. from the g5 itself directly plugged in they were functional mouses laser was on. now...none of the usb ports get enough power to drive the peripherals. not the monitors not the g5s usb ports. i tried the PMU resetting what everyone told me but that just made everything worse. thats why i can't boot my machine up. we ordered a new graphics card in it and well see if thats the problem. if not, I'm screwed guys.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 1.6 GHz Single Core Single Processo

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 8:14 AM

7 replies

Feb 2, 2015 11:42 AM in response to bpali2001

...how could you be lvl10 tho...

By helping many over the years, used to wake up in the middle of the night when a possible solution popped into my dream state, not always successful, but I try. 🙂

It's especially hard to get points in the older areas now, & the new forum SW makes it especially hard on my slow connection. 😟

Feb 3, 2015 1:44 AM in response to bpali2001

Don't know if this is any help but I once had a similar issue with a G4.

I finally solved it by removing the graphics card, powering up the mac and resetting the pram. This definitely told the mac there was no graphics card. Power off and repeat the process with the card inserted.

Failing that, remove power cable, hold the power button for 20 seconds and leave the mac for about 30 minutes. re-insert power and turn on.

PowerMac G5 Display and Power issues!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.