Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery not charging, macbook white(2006)

Hello,

My battery is not charging, it is draining very fast. I've removed the keyboard and the monitor but left the logic board and everything else intact, i soldered a external button to the logic board where there is PWR BTN written on it. Can i reset the SMC using this button or do i have to put back the original keyboard?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 8:08 AM

16 replies

Feb 3, 2015 10:15 AM in response to Tony5914

Hi Tony5914 Try clicking on the battery icon while holding down the Option key. This will tell you battery condition. Also see if you can download a battery app. I have battery health monitor for 10.6 ,it's version 1.5. The reason I'm saying this is my daughters Macbook shows a not charging, but with the battery monitor it shows that it is. But at a very slow rate that does not show at the icon or in the profiler.Also my wife's 2006 Macbook was doing this and I replaced the internal battery cable(about $4.00 on Ebay). Depending on your year the internal cable is ether 20 pin or 18 pin.

Battery not charging, macbook white(2006)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.