Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 wifi password incorrect

After updating to 8.1.3 on my iPhone 5S I happened to reset my network settings* and now I am unable to connect to my company's wireless network. I consistently get the "password incorrect" message when I am 100% sure the password is correct (yes, even copy/pasting the password yields this result). A coworker (also has a 5S) who hasn't upgraded to 8.1.3 has no trouble connecting.

I've tried the following to resolve the issue:

- Reboot phone

- Reset Network Settings

- Join the network via the "Choose a Network" option and entering the name manually and then the password.

- Tried all different security options even though network uses WPA2 (hey, who knows)

I'd like to avoid restoring my phone from a backup if possible. Any suggestions?

*Was experiencing very slow 4G/LTE speeds. Turns out AT&T is throttling my data once I hit 3GB! (I thought it was 5GB!). I am still hanging on to my Unlimited data plan, for now at least.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 10:03 AM

5 replies

Feb 4, 2015 1:29 PM in response to dfinny

Hi dfinny,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the network is not accepting the password. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

Feb 7, 2015 12:01 PM in response to mario49

I had this same error message "Incorrect Password" when trying to connect to a wifi access point with my IPAD - it worked one day and didn't work the next. My IPad would connect to a different access point (router) with no problem. What resolved my issue? I don't know how but my wifi access point had blocked my IPAD and no other devices - once I UNBLOCKed the IPAD using the Administrator function of the Access Point I was able to connect. I have no idea how my IPAD became "BLOCKed" on the WIFI AP as I didn't even know I could do that.

Mar 4, 2015 4:47 PM in response to dfinny

This happened on the iPhone6 and iPadAir2 for me.

I have found out that after resetting the router, unplugging, resetting wireless on the devices, restarting, turnning off wifi, etc.(everything mentioned in the links above and Google searches) nothing worked.

What FINALLY worked for me was disabling and turning OFF the Personal HotSpot option. Once that happened, the password and wifi returned as normal. I'm not sure that doing everything mentioned helped too - but if disabling the HotSpot doesn't, backtrack please with the steps above.

Hopefully this helps someone!

Good luck :-D

Mar 25, 2015 10:07 AM in response to scarlettsweb

I bought an ipod Touch yesterday, my first and probably only Apple product. The thing would NOT connect to my home wifi network and I knew the password I was keying in was correct but it kept telling me 'incorrect password'.

I rang the store's helpline where I bought it, they could not help and so put me through to Apple.

The person at Apple also could not help.....after 25 minutes of re-tracing what I was doing she concluded that the ipod must be faulty and to take it back to the store.

I got a replacement and guess what ...the same thing kept happening. I trawled the internet and found various suggestions but none worked for me.

To cut a long story short I finally came up with a solution myself after MUCH frustration.......long story short.....I managed to find out the ipod's MAC address and then went into my router wireless settings and added it as a 'trusted device'....and hey presto it connected when I tried the password again.

I can't find this solution anywhere so I thought I'd put it here just in case this advice manages to help someone else in the future.

iOS 8.1.3 wifi password incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.