Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How return to Snow Leopard from Yosemite?

I have a Mac mini 2010 I put the dvd, starting with the C key.
But who has that recovery partition, which eliminated ??
http://osxdaily.com/2011/06/30/deleting-the-mac-os-x-10-7-lion-recovery-hd-parti tion/
http://www.macworld.com/article/2602951/mac-gems-recovery-partition-creator-adds -os-x-recovery-to-any-drive.html

To return to Snow Leopard from Lion or Mountain Lion have to remove the recovery partition, because Snow Leopard not acknowledge and installation problems. You can follow the steps to do so here: http://goo.gl/XMSZf
Then you only have to format the drive and full as ever and you can install cleanly Snow Leopard.
The recovery partition is always hidden, so to erase the disk (formatting) that partition or touched. When installing OS X 10.9 Mavericks, always creates the default partition recovery, even in virtual machines.

About RecoveryHDUpdate.pkg say Apple does not already have it ... but I've gone down if necessary.🙂

Before I have a Loop with the installation 😕

The nightmare loop. Snow Leopard installation
Thank You

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Model 2010

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 9:44 AM

This is what you must do to downgrade to Snow Leopard.

Clean Install of Snow Leopard

Be sure to make a backup first because the following procedure will erase

the drive and everything on it.

1. Boot the computer using the Snow Leopard Installer Disc or the Disc 1 that came

with your computer. Insert the disc into the optical drive and restart the computer.

After the chime press and hold down the "C" key. Release the key when you see

a small spinning gear appear below the dark gray Apple logo.

2. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue

button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

After DU loads select the hard drive entry from the left side list (mfgr.'s ID and drive

size.) Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window. Set the number of

partitions to one (1) from the Partitions drop down menu, click on Options button

and select GUID, click on OK, then set the format type to MacOS Extended

(Journaled, if supported), then click on the Apply button.

3. When the formatting has completed quit DU and return to the installer. Proceed

with the OS X installation and follow the directions included with the installer.

4. When the installation has completed your computer will Restart into the Setup

Assistant. After you finish Setup Assistant will complete the installation after which

you will be running a fresh install of OS X. You can now begin the update process

by opening Software Update and installing all recommended updates to bring your

installation current.

Download and install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2015 9:44 AM in response to morrit

This is what you must do to downgrade to Snow Leopard.

Clean Install of Snow Leopard

Be sure to make a backup first because the following procedure will erase

the drive and everything on it.

1. Boot the computer using the Snow Leopard Installer Disc or the Disc 1 that came

with your computer. Insert the disc into the optical drive and restart the computer.

After the chime press and hold down the "C" key. Release the key when you see

a small spinning gear appear below the dark gray Apple logo.

2. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue

button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu.

After DU loads select the hard drive entry from the left side list (mfgr.'s ID and drive

size.) Click on the Partition tab in the DU main window. Set the number of

partitions to one (1) from the Partitions drop down menu, click on Options button

and select GUID, click on OK, then set the format type to MacOS Extended

(Journaled, if supported), then click on the Apply button.

3. When the formatting has completed quit DU and return to the installer. Proceed

with the OS X installation and follow the directions included with the installer.

4. When the installation has completed your computer will Restart into the Setup

Assistant. After you finish Setup Assistant will complete the installation after which

you will be running a fresh install of OS X. You can now begin the update process

by opening Software Update and installing all recommended updates to bring your

installation current.

Download and install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1.

Feb 15, 2015 7:10 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks, I started with Alt and see who tells me when I boot OSX install Internet from the recovery partition, 10.9 Developer? I get error log.
http://imgur.com/a/DYsLu
I think ejectute Recovery installation of a link I found on the Internet, because Apple removed the link. I tried to format the entire disk but I still get this error when I try to install again.
I used the command diskutil list and I have lots of partitions!
http://imgur.com/pM8qnxq
Do not let me dismount tells me that in use, nor eject the DVD.

I go with the DVD of SL and I get to install !.
Formatting the disk utility of SL, I'll have the HD clean.
regards 🙂

Sep 15, 2015 2:02 AM in response to saspa

Downgrading iTunes is a real pig. If your iTunes Library is from a later iTunes it won't let you downgrade without a ton of 'behind the scenes' manipulation, only recommended for experts. If you're happy with the iTunes that created your iTunes Library, you can always download it free from Apple's website - Support/Downloads.

If you have had iPhoto before it should show under Purchases on the App Store but you may have to "unhide" it to download it again (there are topics under iPhoto here which will tell you how to do that). Alternatively, there are DVDs of iLife '08 and '09 available quite cheaply on eBay. Which version you should get will depend on which version created your iPhoto Library - if it was an earlier version of iPhoto, a later version will simply 'upgrade' your Library, permanently.

I only have DVD 1 - supplied by Apple - I'm hoping I can install SL just from that alone, and that the installation won't fail just because I don't have DVD 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.