Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

charger cords wont charge

I have an iphone 6, macbok air and a ipod 4th generation. We use all authentic charger cords and charger cubes. The charger cords will not charge our devices. we have switched out the cords and cubes and even tried to charge with the macbook air. No matter what we do, the phone and ipod will not charge. what gives?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 10:21 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2015 1:47 PM in response to las1220

Hi las1220,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPhone is not charging with Apple-certified cables. I know you have also tried to charge it with several different cables as well as changing in wall outlet and via USB port on a computer. In this situation, I would recommend some further troubleshooting. Please use the information in the attached article to further isolate the issue.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the battery doesn’t charge

If the battery doesn’t charge, unplug your device and try these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris.
  2. If you're using a USB power adapter, make sure it's plugged in all the way and the power outlet is working. If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it's on and can charge your device. To charge an iPad, you might need to use a USB power adapter and plug into a power outlet.
  3. Try a different USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port.
  4. If everything seems to be working, reconnect your device and wait for 30 minutes.
  5. If your device still doesn’t charge, try to restart it while it's connected to power. If you can't restart, reset your device.

If after completing the steps listed above, you are still having issues with charging, it may be necessary to contact Apple Support.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Best regards,

Joe

charger cords wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.