Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP mid-2009 going to sleep by it self

Hi,

since I updated to Yosemite my MBP has been going to sleep by it self, I will say every 15min or so. Before it goes to sleep it ask me if I want to close all my programs and it gives me 59sec. to make a decision.

I have set my computer to never go to sleep, either charging or not, and stills doing this. I find it really annoying because if i'm not in my computer it will close all my programs and I will have to open everything again.

Any help on this??

thx

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 9:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2015 1:19 PM

Greetings jchapui,

If you are having an issue with your MacBook Pro going to sleep unexpectedly, I would suggest resetting the computer's System Management Controller. This article explains how -

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

Sepcifically -

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2015 1:19 PM in response to jchapui

Greetings jchapui,

If you are having an issue with your MacBook Pro going to sleep unexpectedly, I would suggest resetting the computer's System Management Controller. This article explains how -

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) - Apple Support

Sepcifically -

Resetting the SMC on portables with a battery you should not remove on your own

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

MBP mid-2009 going to sleep by it self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.