Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get iphone 6 plus to pair with 2009 Lexus RX 350

Got a new iphone 6 plus and now it won't pair with my car. Iphone 5 worked fine. Iphone 6 sees the device but never gets to a connection so i can enter the passcode.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 1:40 PM

BRRudin wrote:

Got a new iphone 6 plus and now it won't pair with my car. Iphone 5 worked fine. Iphone 6 sees the device but never gets to a connection so i can enter the passcode.

First, go to the settings in the car and remove the old iPhone. Next put the car in Discoverable (pairing) mode, then on the iPhone go to Settings/BlueTooth.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2015 1:40 PM in response to BRRudin

BRRudin wrote:

First, go to the settings in the car and remove the old iPhone. Next put the car in Discoverable (pairing) mode, then on the iPhone go to Settings/BlueTooth.

Feb 2, 2015 1:48 PM in response to BRRudin

I have become convinced that bluetooth on the iPhone 6 doesn't work as well as it did on the 5. Not sure if this is an iOS8 issue or an iPhone 6 issue. I have now encountered the problem with multiple devices. Sometimes connections are fine. Sometimes they go in and out requiring a restart of the phone or some other vodoo to get an acceptable connection.

Devices with problem include Bose bluetooth speaker, smarten bluetooth audio headset receiver, Nike fuel band, Lexus 460 (2015),Garmin Edge 1000. Some of those, particularly the Garmin are touchy on their own, but the across the board variability has left me suspicious of the iPhone. I can't blame it on the case because the problem comes and goes.

My guess.

Feb 28, 2015 2:52 PM in response to BRRudin

Gentlemen, I too have an iPhone 6Plus. I also have a Lexus x350-2009 model. I have bluetooth enabled and I am able to send/receive calls just fine. My questions is can any of you ( waldhaus1, Lawrence Finch or BRRudin ) listen to music like Pandora or your music folder from your iPhone thru bluetooth? I am not able to. I know there are other costly animals out there that allow you to do that, but I was hoping to save the coast and just use BT for music. Please help if you can!

Feb 28, 2015 4:03 PM in response to meyerku

meyerku wrote:

Gentlemen, I too have an iPhone 6Plus. I also have a Lexus x350-2009 model. I have bluetooth enabled and I am able to send/receive calls just fine. My questions is can any of you ( waldhaus1, Lawrence Finch or BRRudin ) listen to music like Pandora or your music folder from your iPhone thru bluetooth? I am not able to. I know there are other costly animals out there that allow you to do that, but I was hoping to save the coast and just use BT for music. Please help if you can!

Yes, I do all the time, listening to the Music app and my NPR app in my Prius. I needed to go to Settings/Bluetooth then the iPhone settings in the car and enable that feature.

Mar 1, 2015 12:58 PM in response to meyerku

I have a Lexus 460 2015, and bluetooth streaming works perfectly.

My wife has a 2010 350 and bluetooth streaming works perfectly for her as well.

Bluetooth audio streaming has undergone some updates in the past few years. It may be worth asking your lexus dealer if their is a firmware update that would allow the streaming or if their is a setting you missed in the iPhone pairing.

Also, my replaced iPhone 6 continues to work fine so I believe it was an actual hardware issue.

can't get iphone 6 plus to pair with 2009 Lexus RX 350

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.