Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X problems after Yosemite 10.10.2/iTunes 12.1 update

FCPX 10.1.4 on Yosemite 10.10.2 w/ iTunes 12.1 installed on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

After installing the Yosemite 10.10.2 update and the iTunes 12.1 update, FCP has been brought to a halt on new projects. When importing a ProRes 422 clip (NTSC SD, 29.97, ) into a clean/empty library results in what appears to be a hang while generating audio waveforms for the clip. I am not able to skim the clip in the viewer. If I create an empty project, and then write the clip to the empty timeline, FCP also appears to hang on audio waveform generation (although Activity Monitor does NOT reflect an unresponsive app, and there is not spinning beach ball, etc.).

I can open an existing library, where waveforms and thumbs have already been generated, and successfully skim/scrub clips and project timelines.

Screenshot of the background process window:

User uploaded file

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 2:10 PM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2015 7:37 AM in response to lawrencefromraleigh

FCPX does not work at all for me now and i updated a few days ago to Yosemite ..

I have done all i can and think it is time for me to really consider a move to Premiere with 3 projects on their way, I am very disappointed with Apple with FCPX still not updated after Yosemite has been released for months.. maybe FCPX is on its way out so they are playing silent.. i mean we all know how Apple is secretive in their work..Premiere here i come..

Feb 25, 2015 7:57 AM in response to starofdeen

starofdeen wrote:

FCPX does not work at all for me now and i updated a few days ago to Yosemite ..

I have done all i can and think it is time for me to really consider a move to Premiere with 3 projects on their way, I am very disappointed with Apple with FCPX still not updated after Yosemite has been released for months.. maybe FCPX is on its way out so they are playing silent.. i mean we all know how Apple is secretive in their work..Premiere here i come..

What version? Did you update FCP X? Only 10.1.3 and 10.1.4 work in Yosemite.

Did you clear the preferences?

Feb 25, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

what you mean clear the preferences?

versions both yosemite and fcpx are the most unto date versions..

I have even deleted the fcpx application from computer and redownloaded again from app store and still nothing, does not boot up at all..

just a few boot folders show up in the dock right hand side and thats all, application not responding...

totally baffled

Feb 25, 2015 3:53 PM in response to starofdeen

Two other things you can try:

1) create a new admin user and try FCP X from that account. If it works, then you at least know it is caused by something specific to your user account.

2) if even in a fresh account it does not work, remove and reinstall, but instead of just moving the application to trash use FCS Remover to completely delete all traces of the application.

FCP X problems after Yosemite 10.10.2/iTunes 12.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.