Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Null) app in usage list

I cant seem to fix this. I've deleted these two apps in the wiggle mode. But they keep showing up in the usage list. I delete them but they come back when the list refreshes. User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 5:04 PM

16 replies

Oct 19, 2015 2:41 AM in response to Anthony VanVolkinburg

If anybody has this problem again, there is a way to find out, which app is causing this "null" app. I figured out a way, to discover it. Just install a launcher app and try to create a new "app" launcher within it, there you should check the apps, which are displayed and possible to create a launcher with it. there should be a app, which isn't installed on your iphone at that moment. For example: I had the same problem, i had launcher app already installed on my iphone, also a null app. I wanted to create a new launcher with another app and there was suddenly a app displayed, which wasn't installed on my iphone at that moment (workflow), but i installed this app a few days ago and deleted it again. So the launcher app showed me the "null" app, which was workflow. I installed workflow again and tadaaaa, the "null" app was gone. So if anybody of you has this problem again, just install various auncher apps and check the apps, which are possible to create. This should help most of the people with this problem. greetings

Nov 15, 2015 1:03 PM in response to Anthony VanVolkinburg

Thanks to Zeit.los ,,

I found another way to figure it out which similar to Zeit.los way (without launcher app), I tried to reinstall the apps that I recently deleted with the same version number. the easiest way to find it is through purchased tab from app store. Downloading it then deleting it again solved the problem !!

thank you Zeit.los, I really mean it.

Jan 13, 2016 1:46 PM in response to Anthony VanVolkinburg

Had the same problem finally went to Privacy-Location Services-turn it on,then arrow over, then scroll down and you should find all your "Nulls" with their names, you have to reinstall them then you can uninstall and they should go away. Also turn off device then on again. You may come across a suborn one which you may have to also go to General-Storage&i Cloud Usage then under storage (not Icloud) Manage Storage all apps should now load up, scroll down and delete,then immediately turn device off then turn back on. Hope that it works for you.

Mar 1, 2016 10:32 AM in response to angelafromold hickory

Okay, maybe I'm confused, but there are no null apps listed under my Location Services. Nor are they located under my Settings-->General-->Storage&iCloud Usage-->Manage Storage. It is only listed in the left-hand column of the main Settings menu, from where I cannot delete it. It doesn't even show up in iTunes when I sync, so I can't delete it there, either. How can I delete this thing?

Apr 14, 2016 6:48 PM in response to Anthony VanVolkinburg

I Have the same problem because I wanted to reinstall snapchat and kik and then I downloaded another app and deleted it but after that I tried to download kik and sc and it wouldn't do anything and if I go into apps those are two "(null)" apps an I cant redownload those two apps like people were suggesting it just pops up with the loading circle and stop button in middle like normal then goes back to the little cloud showin it's been downloaded before I've tried everything so any tips? Maybe I should redownload that app before all of this happened?

(Null) app in usage list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.