Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I, or can I export my songs on my ipod back to my computer?

How can I, or can I export my songs on my iPod back to my computer? 😟

The songs on my iPod Video 5th Gen now, were at one time on my computer, but have since been erased. Why can't I export the songs from my iPod back on to my computer? I have this same problem with my other devices (iPad 3rd Gen and iPod Nano 6th Gen). I am really frustrated now, because it seems as if I have to start all over again. This will be a royal pain in the butt! I don't understand why Apple makes this so hard and impossible to do this. Please help, anybody!! 😕

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 6:00 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 6:26 AM in response to Ba25

Greetings Ba25,

It sounds as though you would like to transfer content from your iPod to an iTunes library. You can transfer purchased content from iPods by following the directions in the article below:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

​​This feature works only for content bought from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or received from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

How can I, or can I export my songs on my ipod back to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.