Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album split, but no "compilation" option in iTunes 12?

Hi!

Okay, I'm one of those neurotic people that want all of their music to be all organized and stuff.

Today I bought a four-disc box set and loaded the discs into iTunes, correcting the information and sorting fields as I usually do so that they all fall into one clean album. However, after all that work (and successfully getting the entire collection to sort as a single album in iTunes), when I loaded them into my iPhone the album was split - three discs in one "album," one disc in its own "album." Kind of annoying, but oddly specific enough that it seemed a fix was easy to find.

I did some digging in Finder and noticed that those three discs are sorted in Music > Compilations, and the fourth disc is sorted in Music > Various Artists, which also coincides with how my iPhone is sorting them. I tried everything, but that fourth disc will not settle into a "various artists" compilation on its own like the first three discs. Unless I force it to sort as "Various Artists," it will split into five albums for each artist on the disc. Now, back in the days of setting the entire album's "Compilations" tab to "Yes," this would be fixed in an instant. BUT NO. The compilations tab is NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.

Am I missing it? What can I do if that option is no longer available?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.1.x), iPhone 6, 64GB. iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 12:23 AM

The compilation tick box is there but as I found out by accident, when the info box appears, it seems to be too small to display all the possible tags.

If you drag the bottom or the corner of the window to make it larger, you will see the compilation tick box at the bottom of the window. The info window will also remain that size in subsequent uses.

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2015 12:23 AM in response to alex_emm

The compilation tick box is there but as I found out by accident, when the info box appears, it seems to be too small to display all the possible tags.

If you drag the bottom or the corner of the window to make it larger, you will see the compilation tick box at the bottom of the window. The info window will also remain that size in subsequent uses.

Regards

Album split, but no "compilation" option in iTunes 12?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.