Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get back Personal Hotspot in ios 8

I have upgraded my iphone 4s yesterday on 02/02/2015 from ios 7.0.3 to ios 8.1.3, and surprised to find that the "Personal hotspot" feature is disappeared from the list, I tried to restore back to ios 7.0.3 but unable to restore. Can any body help to please regain "personal Hotspot' Feature back.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 3:09 AM

Sorry, but downgrading the software is not supported.

Since hotspot is a carrier feature, did you already check for carrier updates?

iOS: Updating your carrier settings

More suggestions to bring back this feature can be found in this article:

iOS: Troubleshooting Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

8 replies

Feb 3, 2015 7:48 AM in response to chanderskatoch

Hello!

I have my older iPhone 4 and it's already been updated to the iOS 7.1.2! Apple's iOS 7 comes with Personal Hotspot issues ( Some iPhone users are can't activated their Personal Hotspot function on iOS 7 and iOS 8 )

Since my iPhone 4 has been updated to the latest iOS 7.1.2 ! Personal Hotspot function doesn't work ! I have tried and this ways works for me. Now my iPhone 4's Personal Hotspot works without any problems !

Let's see!

Turn on your iPhone then follow these steps! Your iPhone must connected to the internet!

Open up Setting/Cellular/Cellular Data Network

Cellular Data Network contents:

Cellular Data

MMS

Personal Hotspot

Our target is Personal Hotspot! Of course, Personal Hotspot requires

APN

Username

Password

Now you are must create an account ! I mean Personal Hotspot Account! Don't worry ! It is very simple and easy too. Enter your optional Username and set up optional Password ! And APN field is must be leave empty ! See below:

APN: ( Leave empty )

Username: iPhone ( Optional )

Password: 1234567890 ( Optional )

Now go to the back " Setting " and wait until appears Personal Hotspot icon on your " Setting " ! Enjoy your Personal Hotspot ! Try it now

It is works with my iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 5 iOS 8.1.2 and iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.2

Unfortunately! You can't downgrade any iOS devices

Good Luck!

How to get back Personal Hotspot in ios 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.