Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my music pause after about an hour

Hi all. I am having trouble with my 7th gen ipod nano. After about an hour or so of listening to music, the device will pause on its on. I have to fully charge it again to solve the issue. If I do not fully charge it, I have to press and hold the ear buds into the jack to fix the problem. Oh and I am not using the original head phones. There seems to be a shortage of some sort. Please help.

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 2, 2015 11:39 PM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 7:17 AM in response to shamikafrommemphis

Hey Shamika,

If you are having an issue with your iPod nano stopping play of music after one hour and being unable to resume normally, I would suggest that you first attemtp to reset the iPod. See this article for directions -

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

Specifically -

7th generation: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until the screen goes dark. The Apple logo should appear after a few seconds, then the Home screen should appear.

If the issue is not resolved, you may need to restore your iPod to factory settings. Use the steps in this article -

Restoring iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

Why does my music pause after about an hour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.