Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails on Sent box still showing

Hi,

My emails send are still showing in the outbox, how can I resend it properly and clear it up ? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 12:34 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 7:24 AM in response to NirinaS

Hello NirinaS,

It sounds like your email is going to your outbox rather than sending as you intended. I would recommend using the following article to help you determine what may be happening here, named:

Mail (Mavericks): If you can’t send messages

If the Send button is dimmed or your message can’t be sent using the outgoing mail server, try these solutions.

• Make sure the outgoing mail server is specified as directed by your account provider.

Verify your outgoing mail server

• If a dialog states that you need permission to send a message, your account uses parental controls. Click Ask Permission.

Request permission to send messages

• Choose Window > Connection Doctor, then follow instructions displayed in the Details column.

If there’s a firewall problem, verify that firewall software isn’t blocking email traffic on port 25, 465, or 587. Also check whether you’re affected by another firewall, such as software installed separately from OS X or built into an Internet sharing router, or administered by your account provider. Contact the appropriate person for information.

• You may be able to send messages from only a certain location, or your account provider may allow you to send messages but with stricter settings (such as requiring a name and password). Contact your provider, then change the outgoing mail server settings in Mail preferences as needed.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Emails on Sent box still showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.