Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.1 cant recognise my iphone 5s

MY imac ios yosmite itunes 12.1 cant recognise my iphone 5s

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 1:17 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Tantoh

Good Afternoon Tantoh,

Here are some steps you can try if you can't see your iPhone in iTunes on your iMac:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/TS1591

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't appear under Devices in iTunes after you connect it to your Mac, refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below.

This article is for OS X. If you're using a Windows PC, see what to do if your Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

1. If you haven't connected your iOS device to this computer before, unlock the device and tap Trust. Learn more about the Trust This Computer alert.
  2. Restart your iOS device.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Make sure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  5. Install software updates on your Mac.
    If an iTunes update is available, apply the update.
  6. Check USB connections. iOS devices need USB 2.0 to work properly. If you're not sure your Mac has USB 2.0 ports, check the computer's specifications.
  7. Disconnect other USB devices and connect your device directly to a USB port on your Mac.
  8. Try another USB cable.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Last Modified:

Hope this helps ...

- Judy

Mar 13, 2015 5:36 AM in response to Tantoh

Although I am on Windows 8, this helped me http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows-8

Check cables, re-sintall iTunes, etc. are all crap! It has to do with the driver not being installed. No need to go through all the unneccesary steps. I think this is buried in somewhere on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows page as well.

Every time I touch an update for my iphone or iTunes everything stops working! I really wish they would test their stuff before sending out to the masses and stop worrying about $10,000 watches that only millionaires will buy. Good grief!

Hope this helps you or someone else!

Apr 19, 2015 3:29 AM in response to Tantoh

I think the issue is within the iTunes software.

When i Install iTunes 11, everything is working fine and the iPad is recognized but iTunes 12.1 does not recognize my iPad! It is for sure no cable problem and restarting the iOS device or Mac does not solve the problem!

If my iPad is connected to my Macbook, the only way to quit iTunes is force quit!

iTunes 12.1 cant recognise my iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.