Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I switch on my iPhone 5c the screen is enlarged and frozen what can I do? Tapping the screen doesn't help

When I switch my iPhone 5c on the screen is enlarged and frozen what can I do? Tapping on the screen doesn't work

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 6:03 AM

1 reply

Feb 5, 2015 8:32 AM in response to berylmcgee

Hello berylmcgee,

Based on your post it sounds as though your iPhone's display is zoomed in. Usually this situation is caused by activating the Zoom accessibility feature in the iOS Settings. If this is the case, I have included the method to activate and deactivate Zoom:

Use Accessibility features in iOS - Apple Support

Zoom

• To enable Zoom, use three fingers and double-tap the screen.
  • To increase the level of Zoom, use three fingers to double-tap and hold, then move your fingers up or down on the screen to increase or decrease magnification.

If this works, you can turn off Zoom in settings so it won't happen again:

Tap Settings > General > Accessibility to find settings for the following features:

Vision:

• VoiceOver
  • Zoom

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Bobby_D

When I switch on my iPhone 5c the screen is enlarged and frozen what can I do? Tapping the screen doesn't help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.