Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Roland HD-1 Drums with Garageband.

I have a set of Roland HD-1 Electronic Drums. They have good drum sounds but not great. Recently I invested in an Irig Pro interface. I plugged it into the midi out of the Roland HD-1 drums. I plugged the other end into my iPad, turned on Garageband and selected drums. WOW !!!!!! awesome drum sounds from my Roland HD-1 Drums. The kick drum was solid and punchy, the snare was great. Everything was an awesome sound... except the floor tom trigger has NO SOUND!!!!!! Everything else in the drum set works great. Hi hats open and close, crash works, Kick, Snare, ride and both of toms 1 and 2. But the floor tom is a no go. I then questioned if I had a problem with the floor tom trigger. So I switched the instrument in Garageband to smart guitar. Every one of the triggers and pedals and all the cymbals worked perfect. Thankfully It wasn't a problem with the drum module or triggers. When I switch back to drums there was once again NO FLOOR TOM SOUND!!!!! I downloaded the manual for the Roland HD-1 drums and as per usual the midi channel is 10. The Transmit note numbers for each of the triggers are as follows: Kick - 36, Snare - 38, Tom1 - 48, Tom2 - 45, Tom3 - 43, Crash - 49, Ride - 51, Hi Hats open - 46, Hi Hats Closed - 42, Kick Drum - 44. All Of these look ok to the midi world. And Garageband seems to be listening to note 43 when I'm in the keyboard and/or smart guitar instruments. Is there something I can do to change what note garage band is listening on for my floor tom? It clearly is not listening to my trigger transmitting on note 43 !!!!!!

Thanks so much for reading. I've tried to be as absolutely detailed as possible...

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 6:09 AM

1 reply

Using Roland HD-1 Drums with Garageband.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.