Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proximity sensor not working in my Iphone 6

proximity sensor stopped working all of sudden. Probably after upgrading to IOS 8.1.3 . Resetting did not work? Any suggestion? Thanks.

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 5:15 AM

6 replies

Feb 3, 2015 12:17 PM in response to boz_kurt

Since the phone is new and under warranty about the only thing a user can do is do a Reset. If that doesn't work then the next step would be to do a Restore. If still no joy you've done everything you can and its time to take the phone into an Apple store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Make an appointment first. You could also try returning it to where you purchased the phone and see what they can do.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

May 29, 2015 5:57 AM in response to boz_kurt

I Have the same issue!! And not only that. This same thing has happened with every iPhone I have? I thought I was the only one that was cursed! I also thought it was just me until I started handing down my phones to family members, I did not say anything to them about this. Gave them the phone as they restored it from their accounts and settings. One by one I hear the complaints that they were talking and hung up on people, put them on hold, anything that is on the screen when you are talking. Screen flashes on and off the whole conversations.

Now with my iPhone 6 I have the same thing happen. Not only that when someone calls through call waiting it alerts me on the screen and then the screen will not off at all until the call is over, it's like it deactivates the proximity sensor when an alert of any kind comes through during a call, which is very often.

I have done the resets, all that, but I am not going to restore my phone back to factory settings to try and remedy the issue. I already did on my wife's phone and it did not work one bit. That is too much trouble to start from scratch on a phone you have used every day for a year.

I Am using the latest update on my phone - still bad!

Using older version on my wife's phone and doing the same thing. Although did not notice that phone having problems until 8.0 and its an iPhone 5

Proximity sensor not working in my Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.