Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to ios 8.1.3 and now email doesn't push

i can't get my email to push after the upgrade to 8.1.3. i've checked and re-checked the settings but i don't get any email unless i open the mail app. i use msn and gmail accounts and i've noticed some people are having trouble with yahoo too. the only thing that has changed is that i installed 8.1.3.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 6:14 AM

7 replies

Feb 10, 2015 12:22 PM in response to lisafromcharlotte

Since upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.2 and IOS 8.1.3, Apple mail.app on my MacBook Pro, iPad Air, and iPhone 5S takes excessively long to download or send any Gmail documents. Using email accounts from Yahoo or iCloud work perfectly.

I checked with the local Apple Genius bar and was told that this is a recently discovered problem with the Apple mail servers connecting to Gmail. No known schedule for fixing it.

In the meantime, here is what I have done to work around the problem:

1. Copy my entire Gmail account to iCloud using yippiemove.com ($15 fee, takes about 8 hours)
  2. Set up gmail to forward incoming gmail to my icloud account.
  3. Set up iPhone and iPad mail apps with iCloud IMAP (icloud user, IMAP: 99p-imap.mail.me.com) and Gmail SMTP (smtp.gmail.com). This allows incoming mail from icloud (which is forwarded from gmail) and outgoing mail from gmail.
  4. Set up macbook pro using Postbox.app with Reply To address set to my gmail account.

All works well now, but a major hassle to set up until I stumbled on the above workaround.

David Swedlow

david@swedlow.net

Feb 16, 2015 9:04 AM in response to 4297766

inexplicably, i had 4-5 days of proper functioning, but I am now back to not getting notification of new email until i open the email inbox. to those that responded about gmail, i am aware it is (and has been) fetch. my issue is not related to gmail as my expectations are not high for compatibility. my issue is my msn mail accounts that i use with regularity. changing the settings was my first move and was not helpful.

Apr 26, 2015 2:38 AM in response to lisafromcharlotte

I Had the "no longer push" problem since the upgrade to 8.13 on my 6+ (2 exchange accounts)

I managed to solve it like this:

Close the mail-app

In Settings > Mail, Contacts ...> scroll down to "new data"

Change the account(s) that are "push" to "fetch"

Reboot the iPhone

In Settings > Mail, Contacts ...> scroll down to "new data"

Change the account(s) that are "fetch" to "push"

Worked perfectly in my case.

updated to ios 8.1.3 and now email doesn't push

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.