Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad is ios8 and my iPhone is ios7. I want to get photos from my iPhone into the photostream. Can I?

How can I get photos taken with my ios7 iPhone into my iCloud photostream which is ios8?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 1:43 PM

No. iOS 8 is required for iCloud. System requirements for iCloud - Apple Support. You will also need an iPhone 4s or newer.

User uploaded file

5 replies

Feb 3, 2015 2:11 PM in response to Old Toad

It's true that a person cannot go directly from an old iPhone into the ios8 photo stream. I have found that I can, however, e-mail pictures to myself and save them to my ios8 device from where I can save them into the ios8 photo stream. It's worth doing with those pictures that you really want to make a part of your total library, but would obviously be tedious for a great many pics.

Feb 3, 2015 2:20 PM in response to WBJohnston

If you look at the link that Old Toad posted and scroll down to the section "Minimum system requirements by feature", you'll see, that you can use iCloud to transfer your photos from iOS 7 devices:

To use iCloud, you need at least iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPad, or iPad mini; or at least OS X Lion v10.7.5 on a Mac.

iCloud Photo Sharing works with iOS7, see: iCloud: Using and troubleshooting Shared Photo Streams

User uploaded file

My iPad is ios8 and my iPhone is ios7. I want to get photos from my iPhone into the photostream. Can I?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.